NewsBite

Updated

Prince Andrew ‘not surprised’ by Virginia Giuffre’s ‘death bed’ post after minor car accident

Sources close to Prince Andrew have revealed how he has reacted to his accuser Virginia Giuffre’s claims that she nearly died after being in a bus crash.

Prince Andrew accuser Virginia Giuffre involved in ‘deeply alarming’ car crash

Sources close to Prince Andrew say he is ‘not surprised’ his accuser Virginia Giuffre shared a post claiming she had four days to live after a car accident in Western Australia.

The mum-of-three, 41, who accused Prince Andrew of sexually assaulting her as a teenager when she was sex trafficked by notorious pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, posted a disturbing photo on social media, showing herself in a hospital bed with a badly bruised face claiming a bus had struck her at 110km/h.

“I won’t bore anyone with the details but I think it important to note that when a school bus driver comes at you driving 110km as we were slowing for a turn that no matter what your car is made of it might as well be a tin can,” she wrote, adding that she “was ready” as long as she saw her “babies one last time”.

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, has denied ever meeting Ms Giuffre. Picture: Daniel Leal / AFP
Prince Andrew, Duke of York, has denied ever meeting Ms Giuffre. Picture: Daniel Leal / AFP

One friend of Prince Andrew’s told The Daily Beast: “There is no sense of satisfaction on the duke’s part at Giuffre’s disgrace.

“If anything it has brought back the sadness the entire family feel that this woman, who he always maintained was a fantasist, was allowed to ruin his life.

“The whole family are completely unsurprised that her alarmist post turned out to be a fabrication.”

Prince Andrew has vigorously denied any involvement with Ms Giuffre.

Prince Andrew, Virginia Giuffre and Epstein’s partner Ghislaine Maxwell in a photo from 2001. Picture: AFP
Prince Andrew, Virginia Giuffre and Epstein’s partner Ghislaine Maxwell in a photo from 2001. Picture: AFP

It comes as Cheryl Sassela, 71, who was driving the white SUV involved, denied a covered up.

Ms Sassella is the caretaker at Ms Giuffre’s $1.3 million hobby farm north of Perth.

While Ms Giuffre claimed to be on her deathbed, stating she only had “four days” to live, Ms Sassela appeared unscathed and was seen tending to horses.

“I’m not covering for her,” Ms Sassela said.

She explained the incident, which broke one of her tail lights, caused a misunderstanding.

“I’m sure Virginia will release a statement soon to clear it all up,” she said.

Virginia Giuffre in hospital after the bus crash. Picture: Instagram
Virginia Giuffre in hospital after the bus crash. Picture: Instagram

Meanwhile, the circumstances of the crash have been disputed by the bus driver.

In a media report, driver Ross Munns said the crash had been “blown out of proportion”.

He said he had been following a slow-moving small white Toyota Highlander before deciding to overtake it when it went under 75km/h.

Mr Munns said the white car was being driven by a 71-year-old woman and had no recollection of Giuffre being a passenger in the car. A police report said a 41-year-old woman was a passenger.

Virginia Giuffre, with a photo of herself as a teen. Picture: Miami Herald/Tribune News Service via Getty Images
Virginia Giuffre, with a photo of herself as a teen. Picture: Miami Herald/Tribune News Service via Getty Images

As he moved the bus — carrying 29 children on board — into the right lane to overtake, he said the white car turned in front of him on to a rural property.

Virginia Giuffre holds the photograph of herself with Prince Andrew during an interview on 60 Minutes.
Virginia Giuffre holds the photograph of herself with Prince Andrew during an interview on 60 Minutes.

It comes after hospitals in Perth had no record of Virginia Giuffre’s name in their databases, amid claims she is dying from kidney failure.

The 41-year-old was a patient at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital on Tuesday morning.

This masthead can now confirm that her name had disappeared from hospital records on Wednesday afternoon, little more than 24 hours later.

Ms Giuffre could be using a different name in hospital. She may have transferred to another facility outside the city, or she may have been discharged from hospital altogether.

It also emerged Giuffre was hospitalised with “serious injuries” following an incident in Dunsborough, south of Perth, on January 9 – months before the alleged crash.

Earlier, Ms Giuffre’s ex-husband broke cover for the first time since the mother of his three children’s grim social media post.

Robert and Virginia Giuffre were married for more than two decades before their marriage broke down last year.

On Wednesday evening Mr Giuffre could be seen jumping out of a 4WD outside his six-bedroom mansion at Ocean Reef, north of Perth.

Robert Giuffre, who was married to Virginia Giuffre, seen jumping out of a 4WD outside his home at Ocean Reef, north of Perth, on Wednesday evening. Picture: Tony McDonough
Robert Giuffre, who was married to Virginia Giuffre, seen jumping out of a 4WD outside his home at Ocean Reef, north of Perth, on Wednesday evening. Picture: Tony McDonough

When approached by News Corp, the Giuffre family refused to answer questions about Virginia’s health, the marriage breakdown, the family violence restraining order she allegedly breached on February 2, or her appearance at Joondalup Magistrate’s Court on March 14.

Virginia Roberts Giuffre when she was involved in Jeffrey Epstein’s sex trafficking. Picture: AFP
Virginia Roberts Giuffre when she was involved in Jeffrey Epstein’s sex trafficking. Picture: AFP

Throughout the day on Wednesday, people could be seen coming and going from the house. The oldest son left the property with his younger sister in the passenger seat that morning, and the younger boy had private tutoring at home in the afternoon.

Giuffre accidentally made the announcement on Monday on her public Instagram profile, thinking it was her private Facebook page.

She wrote: “I’ve gone into kidney renal failure, they’ve given me four days to live, transferring me to a specialist hospital in urology. I’m ready to go, just not until I see my babies one last time, but you know what they say about wishes. S**T in one hand and wish in the other & I guarantee it’s still going to be s**t at the end of the day.”

While police only had a record of a minor bus accident that resulted in $2000 worth of damage and no injuries, Giuffre’s spokesman on Tuesday confirmed she was in a “serious condition”.

“The police were called but said that there was no one available to come to the scene,” they said.

“They asked if anyone was injured and suggested that if they were, they should make their way to the hospital. The school bus driver had a bus full of distraught children and left the scene to get them back, saying he would file a police report, which he did later.”

“Virginia was banged up and bruised and returned home. Virginia’s condition worsened and she was admitted to the hospital.”

Giuffre is due to face court again for her alleged restraining order breach on April 9.

Originally published as Prince Andrew ‘not surprised’ by Virginia Giuffre’s ‘death bed’ post after minor car accident

Original URL: https://www.ntnews.com.au/news/national/family-refuses-to-answer-questions-about-virginia-giuffre/news-story/7eaa4a5c3051df8b43b20d60e6ef6101