Anthony ‘Hot Mess’ Hess facing ‘substantial’ drug case
A notorious socialite who calls himself the “Hot Mess Express” faces substantial drug importation charges, a court has been told.
A socialite who calls himself the “Hot Mess Express” on social media has a “substantial” drug case against him, a Melbourne court has been told.
Anthony Hess, 43, is facing allegations he attempted to import meth, cocaine and ketamine into Australia.
Mr Hess was charged as part of a joint Australian Federal Police and Victoria Police investigation into a drug ring that allegedly attempted to import 15kg of drugs into the country from the US and Europe.
He is alleged to have been responsible for trying to import 4kg of meth, 4kg of cocaine and 4kg of ketamine.
He is yet to enter pleas for the charges.
Defence lawyer Melissa Huseyin told Melbourne Magistrates Court on Tuesday that the police brief against Mr Hess was “substantial” and she needed more time to review the material.
Magistrate Johanna Metcalf adjourned the matter to October 6.
Mr Hess, who was previously fined $2400 for spray-painting ‘Roxy is a c**t’ on the building belonging to PR queen Roxy Jacenko’s business, made no application for bail.