Surprise find in Hezbollah’s ‘terror tunnels’
Israeli special forces stormed Hezbollah terror tunnels in Lebanon, finding a command centre, weapons and an unexpected item.
Israeli special forces stormed Hezbollah terror tunnels in Lebanon, finding a command centre, weapons and an unexpected item.
Anthony Albanese has found himself at the centre of fury as tens of thousands of pro-Palestine protesters swarm the CBDs of Australia’s biggest cities.
Israel’s army chief has vowed to keep hitting Lebanon’s Hezbollah in a bid to do “continual damage… without respite” as the attacks on both sides escalate.
As the world watches the Middle East with bated breath, concerning new satellite images show what could happen next.
The former president of Iran has shared details of what he claims was a high-stakes infiltration involving subterfuge and nuclear secrets.
An Israeli official has anonymously confirmed the military is “preparing a response” to the Iranian missile barrage that targeted Israel earlier this week.
Thousands of Australians still stranded in Lebanon have been given a dire warning as the first charter flights leave the country.
Aussie billionaire Andrew “Twiggy” Forrest has made an emotional appeal to big businesses and philanthropists to respond to the humanitarian crisis in Palestine during his huge aid pledge.
Hospitals in Lebanon have released a grim statement following another heavy night of Israeli air strikes.
The federal government has announced two new flights to help evacuate some of the 2300 Australians stranded in Lebanon amid escalating conflict.
The Australian sharemarket fell on Friday as the big miners wobbled and uncertainty courses through Wall Street.
A woman who was kidnapped as a young girl, at the age of 11, and taken to Gaza has at last been rescued.
Peter Dutton is urging strong action against Iran after the country’s envoy to Australia sparked yet another controversy on social media.
NSW Police have issued a warning after they came to a last-minute agreement with pro-Palestine protesters over a rally to commemorate the deadly October 7 events.
The sharemarket inched higher on Thursday as investors braced for Israel’s response to Iranian missile and terror attacks and the release of crucial US jobs data.
A 19-year old woman has been charged with brandishing the banned symbol of a terrorist organisation at a protest.
At least six people have died at a Tel Aviv light rail station after two gunman opened fire just as Iran attacked Israel.
Iran’s supreme leader has said western nations are liars and told them to get out of the region as fears of a regional war spread.
NSW Police is heading to the NSW Supreme Court in a bid to prevent pro-Palestine protests which were expected to attract more than 70,000 people.
As the Middle East teeters on the brink of all-out war, attention is turning to the grim consequences we could face right here in Australia.
Peter Dutton and Anthony Albanese are trading blows over the government’s response to the rapidly expanding conflict in the Middle East.
Some 15,000 Australians are still in war-torn Lebanon and commercial flights are being organised to get some of them out.
Experts fear Israel’s increasing hunger to take its fight against Hezbollah deep into Lebanon could lead to the complete collapse of the fragile country.
Iran is “preparing an imminent strike on Israel”, according to a US official. Any attack will have “severe consequences”, they added.
Anthony Albanese is making another plea to Australians in Lebanon to get out now after a major development in unrest in the country.
The Hezbollah deputy says the group is not going anywhere and is ready for an Israeli ground offensive into Lebanon.
The assassination of Hezbollah’s leader has backed the terror group into a corner as the region enters a critically dangerous period.
The Foreign Minister has been accused of “playing domestic politics” over her calls for a “clear timeline” on when Israel and Palestine could reach a two-state solution.
Iran has escalated its threats of retaliation against Israel after the strike that killed the longtime chief of the terrorist group Hezbollah.
Israel has wiped out a succession of top Hezbollah commanders as it continues to ramp up its campaign against the terror group.
Israel’s military has claimed to have killed the leader during an air strike in Lebanon.
Penny Wong has urged the UN to establish a timeline for the declaration of a Palestinian state, urging the Security Council the world “cannot wait” amid the bloody conflict.
Israel has launched its biggest attack yet on Beirut which levelled several buildings and was reportedly aimed at Hezbollah’s chief.
The death toll in Lebanon has soared as Israel continues its offensive in the country, with thousands now displaced as villages are bombed.
Western allies have stepped in as chaos continues to rain down on civilians in the Middle East, with analysts fearing the worst is yet to come.
Anthony Albanese says plans are being made for Australians stuck in Lebanon as Israel vows a ground incursion.
Following days of deadly Israeli air strikes, Foreign Minister Penny Wong issues her strongest warning to Australians still in the conflict zone.
Israel has begun dropping leaflets into parts of Lebanon with a “very dangerous” barcode on them, according to Hezbollah’s media office.
An Australian woman with a “passion for human rights” has been arrested overseas on terror charges while waiting to fly home.
Penny Wong says she is “deeply concerned” by the latest developments in the Middle East and has called for calm.
A neighbouring country to Israeli has warned of an “all out regional war” after hundreds died when Hezbollah positions were bombed.
Australia will push the UN General Assembly to commit to stronger protections for aid workers, following the tragic death of 43-year-old Zomi Frankcom.
It comes amid soaring tensions across the Middle East as the conflict between Israel and Palestinian militant group Hamas continues.
The senior Hezbollah leaders killed in Friday’s Israel Defense Forces air strike were meeting to plan an Israel invasion, officials said as tensions escalate.
Israel has “smothered” an attempted Hezbollah rocket counter-attack but expects a major strike “within a short time frame”.
Fears of the Middle East spilling into a regional war are growing by the day. And one player is waiting for a single trigger.
In what has been described as “deeply disturbing” footage, a group of Israeli soldiers has been filmed allegedly pushing dead men off a rooftop.
At least 14 people have died after a missile hit a busy suburb of Beirut just a day after the head of Hezbollah said Israel had crossed “all red lines”.
Several influencers have fled TikTok after they posted glowing videos about a dodgy development that have been slammed as “dystopian”.
Israel has launched strikes into southern Lebanon as world leaders call for a ceasefire between the nation and Hezbollah.
A man on suspicion of being hired to assassinate Benjamin Netanyahu has been identified as a 73-year-old pensioner.
The Middle East is on a knife edge as a second wave of explosions threatens to engulf the region – and the wider world – into all-out war.
The warning comes after Lebanese officials said a second spate of deadly explosions killed at least 20 people.
The mysterious pager and walkie-talkie explosions in Lebanon have stunned the world. This is what we know so far.
The second covert attack in as many days, reportedly carried out by Israel, has left the Middle East on the brink of all-out war.
As the Middle East implodes, fears are growing of a global war which would be “far more devastating than anything seen so far”.
An Australian senator has slammed the deadly explosions which rocked Lebanon as “sickening” but stopped just short of blaming Israel.
A Senate inquiry has been told Australian universities are in “self-denial” over the true problem of anti-Semitism, as students allege they have been “singled out” and taunted over their identities.
Australia has signed a massive new trade deal with a Middle-Eastern powerhouse, but the agreement has sparked controversy.
Hundreds of requests for asylum have been lodged by Palestinians fleeing the ongoing Gaza conflict since June – but new data has revealed the government’s huge call on the recent influx.
The Australian National University student was expelled after saying Hamas deserved “our unconditional support” while protesting Israel’s military action in Gaza.
Education Minister Jason Clare says Jewish students “don’t feel safe at university” and universities will have to address how they are handling the issue.
A Turkish-American activist was shot dead while protesting in the West Bank, after Israel’s army opened fire.
Canberra is “concerned” by Iran’s action against Australia’s embassy in Tehran after an Instagram post sparked controversy.
Haunting photos have captured what happened to a handful of mine workers who became mummified in a salt mine in Iran.
The Prime Minister’s comments come after the ASIO boss broke his silence on the heated debate over visa vetting processes for people fleeing the war in Gaza.
Hamas has taunted the grieving families of the six hostages found slain in a Gaza tunnel by releasing haunting new footage of the victims.
Disturbing insight into the death of six Israeli hostages captured by terror group Hamas has emerged, after their bodies were recovered from a tunnel.
ISIS is having a horrifying resurgence, with a new campaign of terror already underway in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
The face of a prominent Muslim community group has warned there could be change at the next elections, as voters say they are increasingly fed up with the major parties.
At least 10 Palestinians have been killed in the latest Israeli raids, as analysts worry about the long-term reality for civilians on the ground.
A former high-ranking Israeli official has shed light on what it was like to be on the ground as Hezbollah launched another attack on the nation.
Israel has warned of more “surprising blows” against Hezbollah as fears grow of a full-scale war in the Middle East.
Defence Minister Richard Marles has been grilled over why nearly 3000 Palestinians were allowed to enter Australia on visitor visas, instead of specific humanitarian visas.
The Coalition is not letting up on its questions about visa processing for Palestinians fleeing Gaza, putting issues at home second place yet again.
There is a strange trend growing among wealthy, well-travelled Australians who have time and money to spend.
The Israeli military has made a disturbing discovery while searching for hostages in Gaza.
Prime Minister Anthony Albanese faced another grilling in parliament on how many visas granted to Palestinians fleeing Gaza were cancelled.
The Albanese government has hit back at the Coalition after Peter Dutton called into question security measures around visas for people trying to leave Gaza.
A rare moment of tension has been seen in the halls of parliament as debate rages over the acceptance of refugees from Gaza.
Original URL: https://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/page/7