Prince Andrew accuser Virginia Giuffre releases statement via agent after school bus accident
An agent for Virginia Giuffre – the Australian woman who accused Prince Andrew of sex abuse – has spoken out after conflicting reports over her school bus accident.
Royals
Don't miss out on the headlines from Royals. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Virginia Roberts Giuffre has released a statement via her agent after claiming she had just four days to live following a collision with a bus driver.
The Australian woman, 41, who was allegedly sex trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein to have sex with Prince Andrew when she was a teenager, said she mistakenly shared a photo of her bruised face taken from a hospital bed on Instagram Tuesday, in which she wrote she was “ready to go”.
A spokesperson for Giuffre said the Perth-based mother-of-three thought she was sharing the post on a private Facebook account, before going on to address conflicting reports regarding Giuffre’s allegations she was left fighting for life after a bus driver, which she alleged was travelling at a speed of 110km, plowed into a vehicle she was a passenger in.
“Today she remains in serious condition while receiving medical care. On March 24, in rural Western Australia, a school bus hit the car in which she was riding,” a statement from Giuffre’s agent read.
“The police were called but said that there was no one available to come to the scene.
“They asked if anyone was injured and suggested that if they were, they should make their way to the hospital. ‘The school bus driver had a bus full of distraught children and left the scene to get them back, saying he would file a police report, which he did later.
“Virginia was banged up and bruised and returned home. Virginia’s condition worsened and she was admitted to the hospital.”
West Australian police confirmed to news.com.au they had one recent record of a “minor” bus and car collision with “no reported injuries” in the state, which occurred in Neergabby, 20km north of Perth, on March 24 just after 3pm.
“The collision was reported by the bus driver the following day. The car sustained approximately $2000 worth of damage,” a spokesperson said.
“There were no reported injuries as a result of the crash.”
In her original post, Giuffre said she had been transferred to a specialist hospital in urology, writing, “I’ve gone into kidney renal failure, they’ve given me four days to live.”
“I’m ready to go, just want to see my babies,” she added.
According to 9News Perth, Giuffre admitted herself to Joondalup Hospital, in the northern suburbs of Perth, with a pre-existing injury immediately after the collision.
While there, it’s understood doctors initiated tests that identified issues with her kidneys. Giuffre was discharged the following day.
The following week, Giuffre was brought to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, also in Perth, by ambulance and was seeking treatment for pain.
It’s understood she will be discharged Wednesday.
7News also reported Giuffre’s heavy bruising was the result of a fall.
MORE: Andrew hatches secret plan to screw Charles
Meanwhile, Giuffre’s father Sky Roberts, who is based in Florida and with whom she has a strained relationship with, told DailyMail.com that he was “sick to my stomach” after hearing the news.
“I feel like crying because I love my daughter more than life,” he said, “If there’s anything I could do, I’d do it.”
Mr Roberts said that he hadn’t been in contact with his daughter since her accident but that her brother had.
“She’s in really bad shape,” he continued, “She’s very depressed… There’s everything else she’s been going through with the divorce and not being able to see her kids.”
Mr Roberts went on to claim that Giuffre had recently become estranged from her children amid a “messy” divorce from her husband of 22 years, Australian martial arts instructor Robert Giuffre.
Days before her alleged accident, Giuffre hinted their marriage had broken down.
In an Instagram post dated March 22, Giuffre shared several photos of her kids, writing she was “shattered” and “miss[es] them so very much.”
“My beautiful babies have no clue how much I love them,” she wrote.
“I miss them so very much. I have been through hell & back in my 41 years but this is incredibly hurting me worse than anything else.
“My heart is shattered and every day that passes my sadness only deepens.”
It comes four years after Giuffre filed a lawsuit against Prince Andrew, accusing the royal of sexually abusing her when she was 17.
She had made accusations of being sex trafficked by Epstein and his co-accused, Ghislaine Maxwell, before ultimately filing the papers in federal court in New York in August 2021.
The Duke of York has repeatedly denied all allegations.
Just weeks before Andrew was scheduled to sit for a deposition with Giuffre’s lawyers, the lawsuit was privately settled in February 2022, sparing the prince from a public court battle.
Giuffre moved to Perth from Cairns in late 2020 with her estranged husband Robert and their three children.
Originally published as Prince Andrew accuser Virginia Giuffre releases statement via agent after school bus accident