NewsBite

Fourth measles case confirmed in Brisbane sparks urgent health alert

Health authorities are racing to contact people exposed to Brisbane’s fourth measles case who attended a packed Jelly Roll concert, and was unknowingly infectious for weeks.

A fourth measles case has been confirmed in Brisbane. Picture: Getty
A fourth measles case has been confirmed in Brisbane. Picture: Getty

A fourth case of measles is confirmed to have attended a Brisbane concert last month, with the patient unknowingly infectious for weeks after.

Metro South Health is urging people in the Logan region to be alert for measles symptoms, after a fourth case of measles attended the Jelly Roll concert on October 24, 2025.

The case was unknowingly infectious while visiting a number of locations across Brisbane, including the Logan Hospital Emergency Department.

November 8

Mustang Brothers Football Club, Chambers Flat from 1.00 pm – 4.00 pm

November 12

Logan Hospital Emergency Department from 12.30am to 1.00am

Mullein Pharmacy Hillcrest from 10.30am to 12.00pm

November 13

Logan Hospital Emergency Department from 3.00 pm to 1.00

November 14

Logan Hospital Emergency Department from 12.00 am to 7.30 am

Queensland Health have urged people who attended these locations during the same time periods to monitor for symptoms. Those who attended the Jelly Roll concert have also been asked to monitor for symptoms.

Measles symptoms include fever, cough, runny nose, sore eyes and a red spotty rash.

Health Minister Tim Nicholls acknowledged the alert of a fourth measles case that had gone out this morning.

“My reaction, of course, is what you would expect, and that is to ensure that we have appropriate contact tracing in place and that anyone who has symptoms please, I would say to you, get medical advice, but please don’t come to an emergency department, because that is how it gets spread,” Mr Nicholls said.

“What we want to do is make sure that people are treated appropriately, but that we contain the spread of measles.”

Mr Nicholls said if people had measles, to let them know and they would receive help.

“And as the Chief Health Officer has said, if you can’t remember having had a vaccination from these days… please consider a vaccination,” he said.

Mr Nicholls said if infected people came to emergency rooms, it had a “big impact on the operations of hospitals”.

“There’s plenty of vaccines available,” Mr Nicholls said.

Contact tracing is underway, and those who are identified as being exposed will be contacted.

The time from contact with the virus until onset of symptoms is typically 10 days but may be anywhere up to 18 days.

Those with symptoms are asked to avoid public places and instead phone their doctor to arrange testing or call 13HEALTH (13432584) for advice.

Add your comment to this story

To join the conversation, please Don't have an account? Register

Join the conversation, you are commenting as Logout

Original URL: https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/fourth-measles-case-confirmed-in-brisbane-sparks-urgent-health-alert/news-story/e47d5fcffd39ccb83b378d8d9e0c6c5e