BOQ app upgrade backfires for credit card account customers
Bank of Queensland customers have unleashed fury over a botched app migration that has left them unable to access credit card accounts for days.
The Bank of Queensland is under fire from angry customers over a banking app change which has left many unable to access their credit card accounts.
BOQ customers have taken to the bank’s Facebook page to vent their fury and frustration, saying they’ve been left in the lurch for days.
The bank was meant to have migrated credit card accounts across to a new app by last Monday but the transition has been hit with major technical problems.
A BOQ Facebook post warning customers not to “let scammers steal your Black Friday bargains” has been flooded with angry comments about the app bungle.
Customers complained they had been unable to make online credit card payments or see their accounts for several days.
One customer said they had received an “inaccurate” update that they could now access their credit card through the app or internet banking and waited two-and – half hours in a phone queue only to be hung up on.
Referring to previous recent system upgrade debacles at BOQ, another customer fumed: “You obviously have no empathy or awareness of how your contributed failed attempts to improve your system impacts your customers.”
“I’m lodging a complaint with the Banking Ombudsman, again,” they added.
“Others should do the same.”
Another customer said they had “had enough”.
“After I finally gain access to internet banking, Bank of Queensland – BOQ is going in garbage bin. I’ve had enough. This should not be happening. It should have been (a) seamless transition, in this day (and) age,” they said.
BOQ’s response that it was continuing to provide updates, with a smiling emoji, triggered an angry response from customers.
“A smiley face at the end of a non-helpful reply is poor form,” one said.
“You need to let your customers know what is going on. It’s been 4 days now.”
Responding to one customer’s complaint on Thursday, the bank said it was “really sorry for the ongoing frustration”
“The recent myBOQ migration has caused some issues with online credit card access, Google Pay, and transaction visibility,” it said.
“Our teams are actively working on permanent fixes, and some temporary workarounds are in place. In the meantime, payments over the counter and via BPAY are still available.”
